1. To be an active devotee and to attend the programs regularly, participate and associate with Krishna Conscious devotees.
2. To chant at least one round of Hare Krishna Maha-mantra every day.
3. To read the teachings of Lord Krishna as given in the books of Srila Prabhupada.
1. To be dedicated to taking the divine shelter of Srila Prabhupada by following the principles of Krishna Consciousness.
2. To accept that Lord Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
3. To engage in practical devotional service to Lord Krishna during festivals such as Sri Krishna Janmastami, Gaura Purnima, etc.,
4. To chant a minimum of four rounds of the Hare Krishna Maha-mantra everyday
5. To refrain from eating non-vegetarian food (meat, fish and eggs) and try to lead a moral life.
1. To be dedicated to leading a devotional way of life, by gradually learning and practicing Bhakti-Yoga, according to the teachings of Srila Prabhupada under the guidance of his representatives.
2. To study the books of Srila Prabhupada and attend the classes as often as possible (atleast the weekend Bhagavad-Gita class every week)
3. To worship Lord Krishna, as far as practical in the home, by setting up an altar, offering arati and foodstuffs, worshiping the sacred Tulasi plant and following basic sadhana like rising up early in the morning.
4. To Chant eight to sixteen rounds of the Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra every day.
5. To lead a pure holy life by avoiding intoxication (alcoholic drinks and smoking), meat-eating, gambling and extra-marital sex.
Srila Prabhupada Ashraya
1. To be dedicated to taking divine shelter of Srila Prabhupada by following the principles of Krishna Consciousness.
2. To practice Krishna Consciousness with strong conviction.
3. To chant a minimum of sixteen rounds of the Hare Krishna Maha-mantra every day.
4. To strictly avoid intoxication including coffee and tea, meat eating including onion and garlic, gambling, mundane cinema, sports and illicit sex.
5. To be well versed in the basics of Krishna conscious philosophy by reading the books of Srila Prabhupada systematically and is actively engaged in preaching (according to his/her capacity) to others about Krishna Consciousness.
6. To do some responsible service (however simple it may be), on a regular basis.
7. To follow a strict sadhana program at home by rising early in the morning and following a program similar to the temple as far as possible.
8. And to attend at least one Srimad Bhagavatam/Srimad Bhagavad-Gita class every week.
Sri Guru Charana Asraya
1. After a minimum of six months of following Srila Prabhupada Ashraya Standards, one may select an ISKCON authorized diksha guru, from amongst ones established siksa gurus.
2. Note that six months is the minimum period, and one may take as much time as required to make this selection.
3. Responsibility of candidates to choose guru by the exercise of their own intelligence.
4. Notify the local Temple President or relevant authority
5. Take written examination issued by ISKCON authority
6. Receive formal letter of recommendation from ISKCON authority.
7. Receive permission from the selected guru.