- To be dedicated to leading a devotional way of life, by gradually learning and practicing Bhakti-yoga, according to the teachings of Srila Prabhupada under the guidance of his representatives.
- To study the books of Srila Prabhupada and attend the classes as often as possible (atleast the weekend Bhagavad-Gita class every week)
- To worship Lord Krishna, as far as practical in the home, by setting up an altar, offering arati and foodstuffs, worshipping the sacred Tulasi plant and following basic sadhana like rising up early in the morning.
- To chant eight to sixteen rounds of the Hare Krishna Maha-mantra every day.
- To lead a pure holy life by refraining from meat eating (including fish & eggs), intoxication (alcoholic drinks & smoking), gambling and illicit sexual activity
- To observe fasting on the Ekadasi and festival days as indicated in the Vaisnava calendar.